What data we collect about you
We may process the following categories of personal data about you:
Communication Data: this includes any communication that you send to us whether that be through the contact form on our websites, through email, text, social media messaging or any other communication that you send us.
- We process this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defense of legal claims.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to us, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
Customer Data: this includes data relating to any purchases of products and/or services such as your name, title, job title, company name, billing address, delivery address, postcode, email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your payment card details.
- We process this data to supply the products and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
User Data: this includes data about how you use our websites and any online services together with any data that you post for publication on our websites or through other online services. In the event that you apply for a job with SBD through the Careers page, we will request professional information about yourself by way of a Curriculum Vitae.
- We process this data to operate our websites and ensure relevant content is provided to you, to ensure the security of our websites, to maintain back-ups of our websites and/or databases and to enable publication and administration of our websites, other online services, and business.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our websites and our business.
Technical Data: this includes data about your use of our websites and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on our websites, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use our websites, time zone settings and other relevant analytical data and technology on the devices you use to access our websites. The source of this data is from analytics tracking systems.
- We process this data to analyze your use of our websites and other online services, to administer and protect our business and websites, to deliver relevant content and promotions to you and to understand the effectiveness of our marketing.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to enable us to properly administer our websites and our business and to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy.
Marketing Data: this includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing communications from us. We process this data to enable you to partake in our promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free giveaways, to deliver relevant website content and communications to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business and to decide our marketing strategy
We may use Customer Data, User Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including LinkedIn adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve you.
- Our lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which are to grow our business. We may also use such data to send other relevant marketing communications to you. Our lawful ground for this processing is either consent or legitimate interests (namely to grow our business).
We do not collect any Sensitive Data about you. Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. We do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offenses.
Where we are required to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between us and you do not provide us with that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide us with the requested data, we may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if we do, we will notify you at the time.
We will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email us at [email protected]. In case we need to use your details for an unrelated new purpose we will let you know and explain the legal grounds for processing.
We may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
We do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
International House, 24 Holborn Viaduct, City of London, London EC1A 2BN, United Kingdom
Tel. (+44) (0)20 3286 4562,[email protected]